my labour process - told by mummy

25th Sep 06
FIL decided its time to build an extra bedroom, so he had his contractor frds brought over sand n bricks, gg to start work on 26th. (wonder issit this decision affected my TAI QI)

evenin time - chatted wif peggygsf abt her induce labour. so scare n worried i nid to go thru it bcos bb has no signs of comin out!

near midnite, - chatted wif androl abt her induce labour too. more infor but din ease my worries.

26th Sep 06
hengheng still activel n runnin abt, even wan me to on the elmo's screensaver. i refuse n off the pc power. MIL finished her taiwan serial n brought him into bedroom. he threw tantrum but we all ignore him.

2am - finally able to slp in peace n quiet.

3.15am - felt a gush of water between my legs. 1st thot: bladder too full til i leak urine. struggle to get up. when sittin on the bed, another gush. den i realise, smthg is wrong! went to toilet to cfm issit my bladder or water broke. din pass urine but had coontraction!! so went back to bed. when seated, another big gush of water til my shorts n the mattress all wet.

went to wake up my MIL, told her i suspect my water broke, so she say prepare go hospital. woke my SIL up so she can drive us there. called my dh to inform him my water bag broke, but he dun hv to rush down yet cos mayb false alarm. (he's in KL, me in Melacca. but he grabbed all the last min neccesities n drove down.)

3.30am - reached hospital. when on the way, another contraction came. it was so close so fast! nurse push me up to labour room, n checked me wif her hand. orady 4cm dialate!! she quickly insert the bullet n ask me go toilet. "only sit down when u hv the urge" she said. by the time i walked to the toilet, the urge is here orady. so quickly sit down n pass motion. durin this time, contractions r as close as 5mins! i m so worried baby might b delivered into the toilet bowl. lol

so as soon as i felt my tummy is emptied, i quickly went out n back to bed. n the contractions r even closer now! as soon as i lay down, i felt the big squeeze n the baby's head is in between my leg!! i wasn't in labour room! i rolled to my side n ask my SIL to ask the nurse if i can get any jab. the nurse ran in to chk on me. when the big sqeeze happen, more stool is realised. wat a mess!! so embarrased.

the nurse quickly get me the wheel chair to push me over to labour room. otw, she kept tokin to me, tellin me there's no time to insert any jab or epidural. "by the time u r inserted, bb will hv arrived lor!" so i can only depend on myself!! she told me to hv long deep breath. as i m breathin, i concentrate on the chant "nan wu er mi tuo fuo - baby guai; nan wu er mi tuo fuo - baby guai; .." it works, the pain is lessen by 5%

when i reach the labour ward, the contractions attack when i tot i can climb up the bed. aiks! another big mess, water, blood n stool came out again! my MIL came in n hold my hand, comforting me. the nurse quickly gave me the mask n ask me to hv long, deep breaths. but when the contraction came, i start to whine n cry. the nurse keep on sayin "shush! i m tryin to prepare for ur labour... take long, deep breathes, i can't hear any long deep breaths!! dun breath out thru ur mouth!" "no no! dun push yet! doc is not here!" not i wanna push ley, the body reflex action is to push the baby out when the contractions attack!

so again i make the chant n concentrate on my breathing. it was less painful n more relax. FINALLY, I HEARD MY GYNAE'S VOICE!! (as soon as i lay down on the bed, i closed my eyes cos too painful) n he said, i can push when the nex contractions arrived! thank goodness!! so when it strikes, i pulled the handle, push the steppin board, head backwards.

MMMMM! MMMMMM!! in the 1st 2 pushes, i felt baby's head popped out. nex 3rd n 4th push, baby slide out like an eel!!

ahhhhh..so relieved. my MIL sayang my head, sayin everything is well now. baby is out. n he is cryin so loudly! when the nurse carried him over to the washin table, he even grabbed a cloth over. notti 1!!

den another contraction came, my placenta is not out yet. argh! the battle is not over yet. this time, gynae massage my tummy wif some force. wahh wahh! another painful experience.

nurse annouced the time of birth: the gal who deliver very fast"

Popular posts from this blog

i am walking!